Posted March 9, 2015
10 Inspirational Sayings For The Lenten Season
The Lenten season . . . For 40 days and 40 nights,
Christians traditionally sacrifice something in the days leading to Easter, the
holiest day in Christianity.
1. "Lent comes providentially to reawaken us,
to shake us from our lethargy."
2. "Fasting makes sense if it really chips
away at our security and, as a consequence, benefits someone else, if it helps
us cultivate the style of the good Samaritan, who bent down to his brother in
need and took care of him."
3. "Although the life of a person is in a land
full of thorns and weeds, there is always a space in which the good seed can
grow. You have to trust God."
4. "Each of us has a vision of good and of
evil. We have to encourage people to move towards what they think is good...
Everyone has his own idea of good and evil and must choose to follow the good
and fight evil as he conceives them. That would be enough to make the world a
5. "I believe in God - not in a Catholic God; there is no
Catholic God. There is God, and I believe in Jesus Christ, his incarnation.
Jesus is my teacher and my pastor, but God, the Father, Abba, is the light and
the Creator. This is my Being."
6. "A little bit of mercy makes the world
less cold and more just."
7. "Wretched are those who are vindictive and
8. "The confessional is not a torture chamber, but the place
in which the Lord's mercy motivates us to do better."
9. "We must always
walk in the presence of the Lord, in the light of the Lord, always trying to
live in an irreprehensible way."
10. "We all have the duty to do good."